The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and Wells Fargo are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students attending one of the 47 publicly-supported Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) within the TMCF member-school network. The Wells Fargo Scholarship is open to students with a minimum 3.0 GPA. Selected scholars will receive a one-year merit scholarship of $7,000 for the 2017-2018 academic school year, which will be used to cover the costs of tuition and fees, on-campus room and board and required textbooks. The funds are applied in the fall and spring semesters at $3,500 per semester.
Wells Fargo Scholarship Requirements
- Be enrolled as a college Sophomore, Junior or Senior for the 2017-2018 school year
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at one of TMCF’s 47 member-schools
- Current grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrated financial need
- Have demonstrated leadership ability through a variety of measures
- Be a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with valid permanent resident card
- Open to all majors
To complete your application, please submit the following supporting documents:
- 2017-2018 Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA)
- Most recent transcript (official or unofficial)
- Recommendation from current school professor or faculty member (Must be submitted online)
- Essay: In a minimum of 500 words, please address the following question:
- What college course has had the greatest impact on you with regard to your worldview, personal growth and/or career plans? Why? How will this affect your plans for the future? You should be as descriptive as possible.
Documents must be in PDF format only. Only completed applications will be considered.
How to Apply
The application is now closed.