The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and Strada Education Network are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students attending one of the 47 publicly-supported Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) within the TMCF member-school network. The TMCF | Strada Education Network scholarship is open to students with a minimum 3.0 GPA. Selected scholars will receive a one-year merit scholarship of $6,200 for the 2017-2018 academic school year, which will be used to cover the costs of tuition. The funds are applied in the fall and spring semesters at $3,100 per semester.
- Enrolled as a fulltime student at one of TMCF’s 47 member-schools
- Current grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Open only to undergraduate students
- Have demonstrated leadership ability through a variety of measures
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
- Be recommended by the faculty or staff member of your current school
- Resume (include community service, leadership and employment/internship experience)
- 2017-2018 Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA)
- Most recent transcript (unofficial or official)
- Recommendation from current school faculty member or staff (completed online)
- Essay: In a minimum of 500 words, please address the following question:
- How do you perceive your major connecting (leading to/helping develop skills) with your post graduation employment plans?
How to Apply
To apply, click the button below and create a TMCF Account. Once you sign up and create a TMCF Account, you can complete the TMCF | Strada Education Network Scholarship application. The deadline is June 4, 2017.