The USDA is offering a wide range of summer 2018 internship opportunities for students majoring in the sciences, business, agriculture, economics, HR, communication, law, finance, event planning, criminal justice, and more!
Sample projects include: evaluating bank loan applications, conducting surveys and assessments, special event planning for internal departments, managing communication projects including press releases and internal newsletters, working with farmers.
Benefits to Interns
- Expose students to Federal work experience and agricultural careers
- Collaboration with USDA scientists and research interns
- Possible conversion to a career-conditional appointment after graduation and completion of program requirements
- Currently attending a TMCF member-school
- U.S. Citizen
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (unofficial transcript required)
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduate students
General Program Information
- Intern must be willing and able to spend summer 2018 working 40 hours a week during a 10-week internship.
- Round trip airfare to the internship site, housing, local travel allowance, and a stipend are included.
- Interns are subject to the applicable TMCF and USDA employee rules, regulations, and policies.
Overall Program Dates
Approximately May 30 – August 5
Internship Placement Locations
Multiple geographic locations across the U.S.
- Complete Online Application
- Unofficial Transcript
- Video Interview
- Cultural Fit Assessment
NOTE: Selected participants will be required to undergo a National Agency background check before being granted access to government computer systems
April 30, 2018 11:59 PM EST
How to Apply
To apply, click the button below and create a TMCF Account. Once you sign up and create a TMCF Account, you can complete the 2018 United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Internship Program application.